National Anthem and Pledge
- Pupils who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. Pupils will take the Pledge, by placing their right fist over the heart.
- Pupils must be in school not later than 7.20 a.m.
- Punctual attendance at flag-raising, lessons during curriculum time, special assemblies, remedial classes, CCA and all other school activities is expected.
- A pupil who absents himself from school or any school activity is expected to bring a medical certificate or a letter from the parent or guardian when he returns to school.
- A pupil who expects to be absent from school for any reason must bring a letter from his parent or guardian to apply for permission from the Principal or Vice-Principal.
- In the event of sudden illness while in school, a pupil may ask for permission to leave school early. Forms for this purpose can be obtained from the General Office and pupils must get recommendation of the Form teacher and the approval from the respective Level Form teacher, Heads of Department, Vice-Principal or Principal. Parents would be informed and pupils are allowed to leave only if there is a person at home to look after them or parents / guardians pick them up from the school.
- Pupils are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
- Pupils’ pride in the school is shown by the way they wear their school uniform. For both boys and girls, the shirt must be tucked in and the name tag pinned on the right side of the shirt. The name tag must be in line with the pocket. Girls’ skirt should not be more than 4cm above the knees.
- White socks imprinted with the logo ‘Quest’ are part of the school uniform and must be worn by all pupils. Plain white canvas shoes or coloured sports shoes may be worn. Sports shoes worn must be white-based, with no more than 2 colours. Sports shoes worn must not be in luminous colours or with patterns (except for the logo or brand name).
- Proper PE attire must be worn during PE lessons. After recess, pupils must be attired in formal school uniform.
- Pupils who come to school during the holidays must be in proper school attire including proper shoes. This is for identification purposes so as to ensure better security for our pupils.
- Both boys and girls are to keep their hair short and neatly combed.
- Girls who keep long hair must have it plaited or tied up. Hair clips or ribbons that are worn should be in navy blue or plain black. Hair fringes must not go beyond the eyebrow level.
- Boys’ hair should not touch the ears or fall on the forehead and touch the eyebrows. Hair should be at least 3cm above the shirt collar and slope gently upwards. Long sideburns including moustache and beard are not allowed. Boys should be clean-shaven at all times and facial hair is not to be kept.
- Extreme hairstyles and use of hair colouring are strictly not allowed.
- Only a pair of rounded ear studs is allowed for girls.
- Boys are not allowed to wear any accessories.
Use of School Canteen
- No pupil is allowed to remain in the classroom during recess time unless a teacher gives permission.
- Pupils are expected to queue up when buying food at the canteen stalls.
- All food and drinks must be consumed in the canteen. Empty packets, food wrappings and utensils must be placed into the respective receptacles.
- Pupils are reminded to keep the noise level in the canteen down especially when the hall is in use.
PE Rules & Code of Conduct
- Any pupil who is unable to attend PE lessons is to produce a medical certificate to the PE teacher.
- Any pupil who is unable to produce a medical certificate on the day of the lesson must bring his/her PE attire for lesson.
- A pupil who is certified unfit for PE may be required to join the class as an observer during the PE lesson.
- Pupils are to bring their PE attire for lessons even if there is bad weather.
- Pupils who repeatedly stay away from PE with no valid reasons will be disciplinary dealt with.
- Pupils are to report for lesson within five minutes in their PE attire
- Pupils are to wear only the approved QuestPE T-shirts and shorts for PE lessons. T-shirts are to be neatly tucked in.
- After PE lessons, pupils are only allowed to drink from the water coolers.
- Pupils are not allowed to patronize the canteen stalls before, during or after PE lessons.
- Pupils are to change back into their school uniform by recess time.
- Pupils are to report accidents during PE lessons immediately to their PE teacher.
- Pupils are to treat all PE equipment with care. They will be held responsible for any damaged or lost equipment.
- Pupils are encouraged to adopt a positive learning attitude towards PE by co-operating with the PE teacher and actively participating in all lessons conducted.
- Pupils are to be polite and respectful at all times. Greet the Principal, Vice-Principal and teachers. Stand up properly when spoken to and when asking or answering questions.
- Movement from class to class should be brisk, quiet and orderly.
- Pupils are only allowed to leave their classrooms when they have sought the permission from the subject or form teacher and given the “Movement Pass”.
- Pupils are not allowed to enter the Staff Room. The intercom system outside the Staff Room can be used to request to see a teacher.
- Pupils are not permitted to wear jewellery or ornaments on their body or hair. If amulets are worn around the neck for religious reasons, these should not be displayed and the Form Teacher must be informed in writing. Jewellery including gold chains would be removed from pupils.
- Expensive personal items such as radio, MP3 player or portable video games should not be brought to school. Discovery of such items will lead to confiscation. Parents or guardians must come personally to claim these items.
- Pupils may bring handphone to school. They must be responsible in the use and safe-keeping of their handphone. Handphones used during lessons or any school activities will be confiscated. Parents or guardians must come personally to claim them.
- Pupils are to project the good name of the school by behaving well when they are outside the school. They should be courteous and considerate to the public when they are on buses, MRT trains and in public places.
- Late for school / assembly.
- Not attending flag-raising / assembly.
- Misbehaving during flag-raising / assembly / lessons.
- Absent from lessons without permission.
- Not in proper school attire / PE attire.
- Untidy long hair / permed hair / dyed hair. Girls using hair accessories of other colours.
- Boys not sporting short and neat hair, but with hair covering the forehead or ears and reaching the nape of the neck.
- Long and varnished fingernails.
- Wearing of jewellery such as ring, chain, bracelet, anklet etc.
- Ear-rings, ear studs and nose studs worn by boys.
- Fanciful or colourful ear-rings, nose studs and multiple ear-rings worn by girls.
- Eating during lessons.
- Patronising canteen during lesson time.
- Trespassing into staff toilets.
- Cycling and riding motorcycles within the school compound.
- Causing disturbance to others.
- Bringing radio, MP3 player or portable video games to school.
- Not submitting assignments.
- Aggressive Behaviour
- Congregating in public places in groups of more than three and being a nuisance to the public.
- Using vulgar language.
- Firing of fire-crackers.
- Bringing / circulating pornographic materials of any kind.
- Smoking / Possession of cigarettes, lighters in school and in public places.
- Glue sniffing / Drug taking / Consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Cheating during examinations.
- Dishonesty (telling lies, stealing, shoplifting, forgery)
- Disrespectful / Challenging school authorities, umpires, prefects or monitors.