Direct School Admission
Direct School Admission 2017
“Dare to Serve – QUEST Community Youth Leaders”
Queenstown Secondary School prides itself as one of the pioneer schools in Singapore and has for many years kept itself at the forefront of producing students who possess the skills and values necessary to excel in the future. Our school’s vision is for our students to be ‘Leaders for Tomorrow, Anchored in Values, and Committed to Serve’. They are imbued with desirable values, in particular, the school’s core values of Resilience, Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (R2ISE).
Building on our strengths of our Uniformed Group Niche since 2012 and the unprecedented 1000th awardee for the National Youth Achievement Award (NYAA) in 2014, the school repositions its strengths in developing leaders through our Learning for Life Programme (LLP) that focusses on Community Youth Leadership. We have a well-established Values-in-Action (VIA) programme with our community partners to develop our students to live up to our school motto ‘Dare to Serve’. Our students work with our partners, Lions Befrienders to engage the elderly citizens living in Redhill district and intellectually disabled pupils from Lee Kong Chian Gardens School. We endeavor to nurture Queenstownians to R2ISE as future ready leaders, actively contributing to society. Thus, our students will graduate with at least a NYAA Bronze Award and with the provision of strong foundation, 3 of our former students attained the prestigious NYAA Gold award from the President in 2015.
Queenstown Secondary School welcomes all who believe that they have the potential to live up to the school’s core values to participate in the Direct School Admission (DSA) Exercise to become part of the QTSS family. Upon successful application, the child will be allocated or required to join the Co-Curricular Activity (CCA) which the child has demonstrated leadership ability in.
- Download application form from here
- All completed application forms, together with valid supporting documents, must be submitted in person, to:
Queenstown Secondary School
1 Strathmore Road S148800
Attention: Mr Koa Chee Meng
Applications will not be accepted if submitted through other means i.e. fax, email etc.
- Held leadership position within CCA or student body (i.e. Prefects, Class Committee).
- Organised and participated in Community Involvement Programme (CIP) / VIA.
- Obtained at least a conduct of ‘Very-Good’ in Pri 5 and 6.
Supporting documents include:
- Certified copies of Primary 5 and 6 academic result slips
- Portfolio of achievements/awards / VIA Project & CIP records
- Letter of referral by teacher (if any)
Closing Date for submission of application is on Thursday, 31 August 2017 at 5.00pm. Applications after this date and time, and applications with incomplete supporting documents will not be considered.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified to attend a school-based interview from Monday, 3 July 2017 to Thursday, 31 August 2017.
Results of Application:
- All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their applications by Thursday, 31 August 2017 via post. Successful applicants’ primary school will then follow up with the rest of the procedure. Queenstown Secondary School reserves the right not to release the interview results or the reasons for non-successful applications.
For more information, you may look up:
- MOE website: https://www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/direct-admissions/dsa-sec/overview
- QTSS website: https://queenstownsec.moe.edu.sg/admission/