Confident, Creative and Motivated Learners
To strive for innovation and excellence in Science education to prepare our students for future challenges.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Science Curriculum Framework
In line with the Ministry of Education’s thrust of Science education in Singapore, the Science curriculum in Queenstown Secondary School aims to prepare our students to be sufficiently adept as effective citizens, able to function in and contribute to an increasingly technologically-driven world. The curriculum also aims to enable our students to see the relevance of Science to their daily lives, the society and the environment. The focus of the curriculum is to inculcate the spirit of scientific inquiry, nurturing our students to be the inquirer and our teachers to be the leader of inquiry.
1. Applied Learning Programme (ALP)
- Sec 1: Water Sustainability (General Science)
- Sec 2: Energy Sustainability (Physics)
- Sec 3: Environmental Sustainability (Chemistry and NT Science)
2. Enrichment Programme
- Industrial Visits (e.g. ChemGallery @ Jurong Island, Asia Pacific Brewery, etc.)
- Science Centre Singapore – Lecture Demonstration, Practical Lab Session
- Clean Water Challenge 2014 organised by Singapore Polytechnic
- 11th Singapore National Crystal Growing Challenge organised by National University of Singapore
- Science Buskers Festival 2014 organised by Science Centre Singapore